Just as everyone is born with a different color of skin, eyes, or hair; the color of teeth also varies from individual to individual. According to the Dr Tim’s Dental Clinic, darker skinned people generally have whiter teeth and fair skinned people tend to have slightly darker teeth. Regardless, a set of pearly white teeth is coveted by everyone. Here are the top 5 benefits of teeth whitening:
- Creates a Youthful Appearance: Whiter teeth is associated with youth and beauty. Very few things add years to your age as darkened and stained teeth; and inversely whitening your teeth can make you look a couple of years younger.
- Boosts Your Confidence: White teeth help make a good first impression. It increases self-confidence when speaking to others. You look more successful and employable. It could help you in performing well at a job interview or getting a date.
- Conservative Approach: Unlike other dental treatments such as veneers or crowns, no invasive preparation of the tooth is necessary. So, no part of your tooth is lost with processes such as etching to ensure the crown or veneer is firmly attached to the tooth surface.
- Easy Maintenance: Other than regular brushing and flossing, to keep your teeth white, you can consult your dentist about making customized dental trays to apply the whitening gel to your teeth. The entire application procedure will take no more than 30 minutes.
- Improves Oral Hygiene: Improved tooth appearance and oral hygiene go hand in hand. Undergoing whitening procedure for your teeth is generally a good indication that you are willing to put that little extra effort to maintain your oral health as well.
Dr Tim is a highly experienced dentist with a passion for educating patients about the importance of oral health. He uses state-of-the-art dental procedures and techniques to optimize oral health for all her patients. His goal is to provide high quality dental care to the community of Kenya